Hi, I am Puneet and here is my NEET success story. I hope it will help you achieve your NEET 2018 goal and will motivate you even if don’t fare well in your school exams now.
I was an average student who would rank somewhere in 9-15 in a class of thirty. After tenth, I decided to go with Biology, as Maths was too intellectually demanding and I was obviously not up for that.
Since I had no proper guidance as to what to do and how to prepare for NEET, I was focused only on subjective school exams in class 11th and studied likewise with NCERT textbooks and some light-weight refreshers like S.C. Chand. Overall, I was best at biology, good at chemistry and worst at physics as it was a close relative of Maths.
It was not until I reached class 12 that I started thinking seriously about my career after 12th. Therefore, I joined a coaching institute in the locals, but, all that attending school followed by coaching was too exertive for me. Moreover, with the different exam patterns of school and NEET, It required me to put in more than the regular study hours.
Although I started to do good in the school tests by ranking in 3-5, the situation was quite inverse in my coaching tests with my rank plunging down to 16-19. That was a disaster for me that even after giving in so much of effort I was not doing great in coaching.
I had a classmate who had opted for PCM and was preparing for IIT. He was so hell bent on his studies and coaching notes that I could not recall him without any book in his hand even today. He greatly inspired me to be dedicated and concentrated more towards NEET. Although, it was too late in Nov-Dec when I started to develop a habit of studying for additional hours.
Finally, I gave my boards and NEET 2016. Well, as expected I did well in my board exams but couldn’t qualify NEET.
It was a sad moment for me, and I would have gone into depression if it were not my parents. They gave me positive hope and kept me motivated to start afresh with 100% dedication to NEET.
- Stopped watching TV/Movies, playing video games
- looked for every spare moment to utilize it to learn and practice.
- Started waking up early in the morning at 4 am.
- Studied close to 10-12 hours daily including the coaching hours.
- Searched for exam tips on Quora and got useful answers from AIPMT and NEET qualified MBBS students, that helped me in the NEET Exam.
I had to prepare two years of the syllabus in a single year. Since I had covered NCERT books quite well; it helped me greatly in understanding the complex concepts and questions.
For chemistry, I used books from Balaji Publications, for biology, the NCERT books, previous years’ question papers and coaching notes and for Physics, I referred to D Mukherjee and S C Verma books.
I again appeared for NEET 2017 and got AIR 703 (UR). Well, that was the happiest day for me. I got admission in a medical college in my state. So, this is the reason I am sharing my NEET success story with you all so that you can qualify NEET 2018 without any nervousness or frustration.
For those who are preparing for NEET 2018, here are some tips from my experience.
- Be regular in your studies and practice more.
- Give a good time to NCERT Books to build your conceptual foundation.
- Join a coaching institute as it will keep you engaged and motivated with regular tests, like-minded competitive students and experienced faculty.
- Solve the last ten years of question papers including AIPMTs’.
- Don’t only rely on solving similar problems, but also address some unseen questions from other books and sample papers.
- Mark tough questions while practicing and revise them.
- Do the Biology part first then physics, and finally the chemistry.
Be positive and don’t lose hope, and I wish you would share your NEET success story here someday.