When your dream is to qualify NEET 2018, a common question, whether to opt for self-study or coaching, generally arises. Now, if you take into account the trends in the ‘way of preparation’ that has led to higher selections in NEET, both self-study and coaching are almost equally creditable.
We are going to bring out a comparative analysis that will help you take the decision. Eventually, for an answer to how to score in NEET 2018, it is you who knows the best choice for yourself.
How Coaching has the edge over the Self-study?
It is not absurd to say that preparation through coaching is highly advantageous for students who are not determined enough. Prominently, it helps you with-
- Strategized learning– Unlike self-study where you devote a considerable time figuring out the-
- study plans/targets,
- important topics/concepts, and
- the balance between subjects
..before starting your study, coaching provides you with the-
- pinpoint notes,
- regular tests,
- tips & tricks,
- errors to avoid, and
..many other benefits. The chances are extremely low if you will ever fail to cover entire syllabus in coaching.
- Doubt clarification– while self-studying, the only way to get over a difficulty is-
- By consulting various books & refreshers,
- online searching, and
- asking with school teachers, (if they are cool enough).
Otherwise, you are on your own, which creates frustration, disappointments and hurdles in your preparation.
A Coaching provides dedicated teachers who are there only to address your NEET 2018 queries and problems. The preparation, therefore, goes on smoothly.
- Regularity, motivation and experienced touch– if it will be your first confrontation with NEET 2018, the chances are that you may not be-
- Determined enough,
- regular, and
..during your self-study. You may feel demotivated at times, even hopelessness and frustration can engulf you. A good coaching, however, develops a
- winning attitude,
- efficiency, and
..through monitoring, evaluation and motivation by highly experienced teachers.
- A ranking system– with self-study you can prepare everything in the syllabus and solve the sample papers and previous year question papers, but how are you going to analyse where you stand? Although you can test your rank with smartphone apps, they only serve the purpose partially.
The coaching institutions employ a ranking system either within the institution or across all the institutions of that brand, over the India. It is quite an incredible procedure to taste the real competition and prepare likewise.
Why go for Self-Study?
- You are determined and focused– This is the most important factor required for NEET 2018. If you know what to do and how to do, there is a negligible need for coaching.
- You have a reliable guidance– if you have a competent guidance, either from your parents, elders or relatives, which is dependable for your preparation.
- You have already appeared for NEET– NEET 2018 is going to be your second or third attempt? Then, self-study is your way as you must have already sorted out the basics.
- You had your coaching earlier– There is no need to do it again. You have your notes and all the required resources. How to plan your study is already known to you. Just get it to work now.
- Saves you a sizeable amount of time– You will have all the time, probably 1-3 hours, that is usually spent on commuting to the coaching institution. You now know where to invest that time, don’t you?
Conclusion– Whether you prepare with coaching or self-study, if you lack in regular practice and resolution to qualify NEET 2018, it is going to be a hard way down the road. So analyse the entire scenario and take the best course of your success.
All the best!