Almost every student with Biology as their preferred subject in Class 11th and 12th aspires to study medical course (MBBS) or dental course (BDS). Well, for them, NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is the prominent qualifying examination. It is taken by almost 10 Lack students per year for 1 Lack medical and dental seats all over the India.
It has replaced AIPMT and state level medical entrance exams to bring all of the private and government medical colleges under one roof of NEET.
The syllabus of NEET 2018 will be covering over 13,000 topics and concepts, so it is essential to start studying right from class 11th. However, if you have not, then you should start getting your concepts cleared right away.
NEET 2018 is going to be a fierce intellectual battle and to crack it, you will have to set your priorities in a well-structured way.
These tips will answer your “how to crack NEET 2018’ queries thoroughly-
Set a Practically Followable timetable- Start with making a fixed time table that suits you not an imaginative one or like that of your friend’s. Only you can understand your strengths and weaknesses better, so, let the things move according to your pace.
Study at least three hours in one sitting and then take a break.
Start from the Start–
- Start with Class 11th & 12th NCERT books; it helps you to understand those 13,000 concepts on a basic level that are necessarily required to crack NEET 2018.
- Then, Move on to the important chapters and concepts.
- You can also use online tutoring videos from Khan Academy, YouTube, etc.
- Keep making Notes alongside and listing out the Formulas.
Test out yourself regularly, and Practice-
- Analyze your learning pace by solving sample questions for that particular concept or chapter.
- Mark the questions that you stuck.
- Revise the concepts that fuel those questions.
- Tip– Searching for the concept online will help you to understand it easily with the examples.
- Do not overlook any potent question or concept if cracking NEET 2018 is your ultimate goal.
Revise the Important Areas-
- Don’t expect you can memorise a concept, formula, equation, derivation or mechanism in one go. It seems this way, but it is not. Revise them
- Also revise what you once had difficulty with.
- Give extra attention to important reactions and derivations
- Solve the questions based on them.
Finally, it is the time to take Mock Tests and Analyse-
- Once you are done with the entire NEET 2018 syllabus, go for solving the previous years’ Question papers, Sample Papers and Online questions for NEET.
- Analyze your growth and point out your mistakes.
- Give those questions your time and work on them.
- Search for similar other questions and try to solve them. You can find many online.
- Repeat the steps 2 & 3.
- It will boost your confidence to overcome nervousness and will build your speed to solve question paper in the given time.
- Explain the concepts and mechanisms to someone to get a good hold of them.
- You should also give online learning its worth share.
- Ask your queries on Question & Answer sites like Quora, Yahoo Answers.
It would be hugely helpful to you.
- Search for Explanatory videos.
- Do not undermine the role of NCERT Books even if you have those costly thick Refreshers.